Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's times like this.....

Today as I was driving to work I saw two women dressed in church clothes, smiling, and carrying trays of brownies or something deelish I'm sure (I know I'm a feti lol) and it made me wonder where they were going and why they were in such a happy mood. As I drove closer I saw the infamous BLACK NAME TAGS instantly connecting those tags to the fact that they were Sister Missionaries; like a reflex my hand hit the horn and I was waving.. and they waved back of course. I love seeing missionaries and I can't believe my l ittle brother will be one in a couple of weeks :) yahoooooooooo!

Anyways back to my "It's times like this" moment. I'm at work and I get to talk to lots of people kz I book fllights for our clients.. Anyways I was talking to this gentleman about his flight options just like I do with everyone else. Close to the end of our conversation I ask him if he has any questions for me. He laughed a little and said he was glad I asked that question at the end. I always do. He paused for a bit then went on to tell me that he was having a tough time figuring out who to use as a dropshipper and all this stuff.... his wife passed away a few weeks ago and he didn't have a lot of time to put into this business. I'm sorry for your loss. He went on saying he had to spend a lot of time with his sons, kz they've taken it pretty hard and he is just kind trying to mop them all up right now then he laughed a different, nervous type of lost laugh.

I don't know if he's a member or not but from the conversation I guessed he wasn't and right then I thought... it's times like this that make my testimony grow and keeps me grateful for the extensive knowlege that I have gained from the gospel!!! I wanted to tell him what I know and explain the PLAN to him and all the great things the gospel brings to this life. I wanted to send missionaries to his house and have them teach him and his boys the discussions and how tell them how they can be together with their mom again after this life. I wanted to help him and his family.

I told him I could totally understand and asked him what he would like to do, if he would like to come to a later Conference or stay in the one he was already in. He said he would just stay in the one he was in because he needed a slap in the face to just keep going. I told him that was good and that he's doing a great job. He said thanks and I told him I would keep his family in my prayers. He said thank you again and that was the end of that. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life and I pray each day that missionaries continue diligently in their work to find those READY and WAITING to hear the gospel. I pray the missionaries find this family soon :)

2 comments:

3+Love~aki=Us said...

That is awesome! I remember working and convergys and having similar experiences. How awesome it is that you can witness those things in your life now!

Chotz said...

Good Thinking Lav
I need to be better like you with the clients on the phone. I just hate hearing their whole life story. Thanks for being a good example. :)